books

What's Up Wednesday

9:01 AM


Hey y'all! Since I haven't done this in a while, (and because I'm too busy getting Works of HeART up and running to write a more detailed post), I'm linking up with Mel from the Larson LingoShay from Mix and Match Family, and Shaeffer from Pinterest Told Me To for their monthly "What's Up Wednesday" link-up!

[WHAT I'M EATING THIS WEEK]

- Quite a bit of junk food. And pimiento cheese sandwiches. My grandad knows I love his homemade pimiento cheese mixture, so for valentines day, he made a batch just for me! Unfortunately, it's quite a lot... and after 2 weeks, I'm getting a little bit tired of pimiento cheese sandwiches. But don't tell my grandad! 

[WHAT I'M REMINISCING ABOUT]



- My family's last Disney trip. It was about 4 years ago, right before my parents got divorced, and we brought Tink along to keep the tension levels from getting too high. My dad sprung for (using money he didn't actually have) super nice hotel rooms at the Polynesian, and we got to go to a luau at the resort too. It was actually a pretty fun trip for us kids- though I have to admit it would have been more fun with Woody instead of our real dad.

[WHAT I'M LOVING]



- I'm loving the look of Works of HeART! It's so clean and pretty, and fancy, and so far I think it's going to be worth the little bit of money I've put into it. I can't wait for next week's launch!

[WHAT I'VE BEEN UP TO]

- Not a whole lot. Mostly just working at my "real job", and working on getting Works of HeART up and running. I've been transferring old posts over, and making widgets, and all kinds of fun stuff.

[WHAT I'M DREADING]

- Hmmm.... I can't really think of anything I'm dreading! Except maybe the little dip in the temperature that's supposed to be coming. The past few days have been so nice and sunny, with temps in the upper 60's and 70's!

[WHAT I'M WORKING ON]

Planning the giveaways for the launch of Works of HeART! I'll be giving away 5 prize packages, so make sure you check in at the new space on March 1st!

[WHAT I'M EXCITED ABOUT]

- Duh- The launch of Works of HeART of course!!! But also, Easter, and the Passion Play our church puts on!

[WHAT I'M WATCHING/READING]



- I'm actually like, a week behind in all my shows. It's pretty depressing. But, I have been reading! Recently, I've read Zodiac by Romina Russell, The Phantom of The Opera by Gaston Leroux, Miriam by Mesu Andrews, The Arrivals by Marissa Meyer, and I'm currently reading Truthwitch by Susan Dennard!

[WHAT I'M LISTENING TO]

- Well, this morning, I was scanning radio stations, and I came across an interview of Hillsong United on a popular top-40 station's morning show! I got chills when they sang "Say the Word", just thinking about all the non-Christians out there who were hearing the song and interview. So, that was super exciting!



[WHAT I'M WEARING]



- My crocheted flower pins, of course! I love the rose one, but the delicate orchid is just absolutely stunning as a hair accessory.

[WHAT I'M DOING THIS WEEKEND]

- Hopefully, a whole lot of nothing. Napping, eating, some tv or books, that's about it.

[WHAT I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT MONTH]

- The launch of Works of HeART! Easter! The return of Once Upon a Time! Probably other things that I can't remember right now!

[WHAT ELSE IS NEW]

- Not a whole lot. Ooh, I paid off my 7-year-old credit card debt this month, which was pretty awesome! Now I can afford to add another expense to my budget, or maybe even put that money in savings!

[WHAT ARE MY FAVORITE EASTER TRADITIONS]

- I love going to the sunrise service at my church. Even when I had stopped going to church for a few years, I still made it to the Easter sunrise service. It's my favorite service of the whole year. We hold it in a graveyard, and it's just so peaceful and gives such a connection to God as we all watch the sun come up while the pastor gives a message. I also love to dye eggs (though I'm a bit of a control-freak with them, so when my siblings were younger, I wasn't allowed to participate because I was too bossy). Ooh! And I love making resurrection rolls. And I love our Passion Play- it's held for 3 days on Easter weekend, and it's just so phenomenal! (If any of y'all are in or around the Tallahassee area, we'd love for you to come see it- drop me a line for tickets, and don't worry, they're free!)

What are you up to lately? I'd love to hear about your life!


You Might Also Like

0 comments