currently

Weekend Recap

7:57 AM

Hey y'all! I know a weekend recap isn't the usual type of thing I post on a Monday, but I had an interesting weekend, so I thought I'd share.


Friday, I went to Walmart after work for some weekend munchies, and was browsing in the craft aisle looking for yarn I don't need, when someone walked by looking like Mr. Marlboro. Instead of thinking, 'uh-oh, I should get out of the store before one of us does something dumb', I was affronted that he didn't say hello to me. I decided, well, maybe it wasn't really him after all. Rather than being smart, I proceeded to stalk him around the store for a good twenty minutes or so. I couldn't get close enough to tell if it was really him. So finally, I walked right up behind the guy and said "Mr. Marlboro, is that you?". It wasn't. He looked quite a bit like him, but still, I stalked some poor stranger around for twenty minutes, thinking he was my toxic ex that I don't even need to be thinking about! And then of course, after I left the poor befuddled stranger, I found myself wondering if it really was Mr. Marlboro, and he was just playing a cruel trick on me by pretending not to recognize me. On the one hand, that's definitely something he would do, but on the other hand, it's been three years since I last saw him, so I could have been mistaken. I'm still not sure if it was or wasn't him. And I don't know why I care! What is wrong with me??

I planned to go home and write after the Walmart debacle, but I ended up going home and watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 6. I'd forgotten how dark that season is! It has a couple of my favorite episodes (Once More With Feeling and Tabula Rasa), but it just gets really dark after those two, and it was not good for my mental state. So I ended up going to bed early.



On Saturday, I got up early to go shopping for goodies to giveaway when I launch Works of HeART. Speaking of, I've decided to push the launch back to March 1st. Partly because of the symmetry that comes with beginning on the first day of a new month, and partly because I want to do a big giveaway for you guys, so look for the official launch next Tuesday!!! Anyways, while I was out, I found this interesting book:


And, I have to admit, I'm kind of curious. What do chickens teach us?

I also found this super cute chalkboard easel that I've put up in my office:


This baby was at Target for $3! Can't beat that! :)

Saturday night, I decided to work on a new hair accesory that I could wear to church the next morning, and this is what I created:


Isn't it pretty? You can find the No Frills Orchid Pin in my Etsy shop, and use the code SHIP16 for free shipping! Today, it's gracing the neckline of my blouse for a fun pop of color.

On Sunday, I went to church- I really enjoyed the message, and got lots of compliments on my orchid. I also had my little brother take some pictures of me to use as my profile image for all my social media. (I wanted a new picture that matches the new Works of HeART logo, because I'm anal that way.) I spent Sunday afternoon crafting- I'm working on an Easter centerpiece that I hope to have in the shop this week.


I went to bed pretty early last night too, so I hope I'm not coming down with something...

How was your weekend? I wanna hear all about it!


You Might Also Like

0 comments